Monday, April 26, 2010

v2, d48: Day Off(ish)

Well, I've finally got what many are telling me is a long-overdue day off from work. So of course, I've got a massive headache. Rehearsal-withdrawal, I'm sure. Slept in quite a bit this morning, which is good because I was up late last night reading after the Kings/Canucks game ended. (Really thought the Kings were going to pull off the upset. Drat.) Skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch, played a game of Strat hockey, then took a shower.

The rest of today is dedicated to what I hope someday becomes my "other" job. Got a couple of scripts that MUST be sent out, and they really can't wait any longer for various reasons. So that's what I'm working on now. A couple of contests coming up, a couple of scripts I'm sending out to publishers. Editing, printing, packaging, sending. The less-fun part of being a writer, which is probably why I haven't been very good at it up to this point. But let's face it, this hobby has to start making me some money sooner or later. ;-)

Incidentally, it's nice to finally have a printer at home. Makes this a lot easier.

Unrelated, but an awesome story: What happens when an NHL player shows up to play in a rec-league men's pickup game.