Thursday, April 21, 2011

v2, d321: Back In Blacks

Just a little bit of playoffs, to get it out of my system:

* Marion Gaborik, you pretty much ended the Rangers season.  You'd better come back with four goals tomorrow night after that.  Wow.

* I can't wait till this Pens/Bolts series is over. Every game just makes me sad.

* Gee, Coyotes. Thanks for showing up...

* Awesome: The third comment underneath this T3I blog post.

* Finally, the Blackhawks are most likely going to be done after tonight.  Which is kind of a bummer, because I'd been holding out hope for a playoff edition report from Joey the Junior Reporter.


Okay, on to business.

Tonight we open our special Easter presentation.  This year's show is a one-act called Stet.  Because my family is out of town this weekend anyway, I volunteered to be our sound op/running crew for the show since, let's face it, people have been covering for me pretty handily since November or so when Kim as in the hospital with Isaac.  Also, I haven't had to run crew for a show on the mainstage since The Mousetrap in October of 2005.  So I figure it's my turn to give someone a break around here. 

And if you'd like to know the truth, I really like working a show.  Sure, it sucks when I have to be out every night or four nights a week for an extended period of time because then my kids forget who I am.  But (as I know I've said before) I really do love being at the theater on a show night (or morning, or afternoon, depending on the occasion).  Even though you pretty rarely watch the show anymore by the time it's open.  (It's a great time to catch up on some reading!)  The theater is just a fun place to be.  And let's face it: theatre work is really the only thing I know very well.  I've been doing it--professionally, even--in some form or other almost non-stop for a full decade now.  Even when it loses the buzz it used to have, there's still a certain "rightness" about it. 

Anyway, I don't want to blog for too long. I have a lot of writing-type assignments to get through by Monday and I'd hate to say something clever or interesting on here lest I unintentionally deplete my quota of interesting/clever things to write for the day.  But I did want to check in, rag on Gaborik a little bit, and let you know what I'll be up to this weekend.  Stet. and spaghetti-o's. 

(By the way, "Stet" is a Latin word used by proofreaders to instruct the typesetters to disregard a change the editor had originally marked.  Specifically, it most often regards leaving in a word, phrase, or passage that was originally marked to be removed)