Sunday, August 28, 2011

v2, d402: Sick. Blarg.

I think I'm finally on the upswing from whatever random illness I've been experiencing the past few days.  That's good. 

Sherri came down for a visit, so I invited some fellow OBU alumni over and we had a mini reunion at my apartment Wednesday night.  The next day, I was sick.  By Friday, I wanted nothing but sleep.  No food, no drink, no love.  Just sleep.  (I'm kidding.  I still wanted love.)  So, Sherri's visit was probably pretty lame, because she was pretty much babysitting one of the boys just about the whole time she was here since I was crashing in bed reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn most of the time she was here. 

It seems that, every time I get incapacitatingly ill, I have company over for the weekend.  My theory is that my body says, "Okay, it's okay now, there's someone else to help Kim with the boys, NOW YOU WILL PAY FOR SLEEPING FOUR HOURS EVERY NIGHT!!!!"  Regardless, my parents are coming down for an extended weekend over Labor Day, so at least now I know I won't have to be worried about being sick while they're here now that it's out of my system. 

Of course, Isaac seems to have caught it now.  Here's hoping the rest of the family isn't sick when my folks are down.