Friday, April 30, 2010

v2, d52: Insomniac

I was tired and headachey enough to go to bed without you tonight, blog. I figured I'd just miss a day and call tomorrow Day 52 and not worrying about back-blogging since, ya know, I've already missed the 365-in-365 track.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep again, so I thought I'd try writing a little. Sometimes that helps. Sometimes, it does the exact opposite. That's one of the tough things about my sleeping problems: everything that sometimes works is also sometimes a detriment. Writing. Reading. Snacking. Glass of milk. It's like in Super Mario Bros. 3. When you're playing the mini-game where you have to line up three pieces of a picture to get more lives? All the pieces are there, and there are three different possible good outcomes, so it's not like there should be a terrible trick to it. But everything's still gotta line up just perfectly for it to work. Same principle, only I never know which picture I'm going for when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Um...or something like that...

I'm also really tired, and I've had this pretty bad headache off-and-on (mostly on) for the last couple of days. Hopefully it goes away by my birthday on Sunday.

Robbie's very excited about my birthday. He knows it means we'll have a cake. He's been asking for birthday cake all week because of it. What do I want for my birthday? Hm...I'd like to get to watch all of Game 2 between the Pens and Habs on Sunday afternoon. That, cake, and a day of rest would be fantastic.

Of course, you can always send me checks. I won't turn down checks.

Hey, you need to read this (thanks Hatcher). It's one of the coolest Make-A-Wish Foundation stories I've ever heard of.

Well hey, eyelids are getting heavy again. You know, when I was a kid, I used to listen to a Mountain Streams cassette tape to help me fall asleep. I don't know that it worked, but that's kind of a funny thing for me to think about. Relaxing music playing, and a stream trickling until it's interrupted by a sharp CLICK at the end of the side. However, it's helpful to know that I've always had trouble sleeping.

All right, I'm gonna try bed again. Got to work in the morning. Goodnight, all!