Tuesday, October 26, 2010

v2, d190: Sick

Monday started out all right.  Then, just after lunch, I could tell it was coming.  I was going to crash.  Total systems failure.  Too many days with not enough rest and too much going on.  Sadly, this is (recently) the only way I get the rest I need.  (Equally sad was that I had actually planned on Monday being my day to catch up to avoid this crash, but at the last moment had been thrown on to a meeting Monday afternoon that required my being at work anyway)  Sure enough, by about 2:30 I was starting to feel a bit dizzy and exhausted, by 4 I could tell I needed to lie down, and at about 9:00 last night, I was gone.  Completely exhausted, leaning on things to keep upright, head pounding, throat sore, every muscle in my back was aching; I went to bed.  Woke up an hour and a half later and felt just awful.  Burning up and freezing at the same time.  Having trouble forming coherent thoughts.  Had I thought of it at the time, I would have sat down to write something.  Would have probably become the only marketable piece of prose I'll ever compose ;-)

Today was lots of lying down.  I think I slept about 11 of the hours from midnight to 1 p.m., and I didn't spent too much time on my feet the rest of the day.  Downed 1.5 liters of Odwalla orange juice (which ended up being 1,120 % of your required daily Vitamin C).  Feel better-ish.  However, if you see this tonight, please send up a quick prayer that I'll make it through tomorrow morning's show.  If I still feel terrible after the show, I'll come right back home and go straight to bed.  I'll have to, because I have to be at church tomorrow night to get things ready for the carnival.

Anyway, I'm now sweating pretty significantly which, according to The Internet, is a good sign.  So, off to bed, and hoping for the best!