Wednesday, October 27, 2010

v2, d191: E.R.

If you read this, you probably already know (at least vaguely) what went down tonight.  If you don't know, then you probably just got a little spooked seeing a blog post titled "Sick" followed immediately by one titled "E.R."  Hijinks ensue.

My darling little boy had to go to the emergency room today following a severe allergic reaction to something that bit or stung him.  It was really scary.  I haven't been that scared in years.  But he worked his way through it with seemingly no lasting effects, so we managed to be in and out of the ER in a mere 2 hours.  It was so much better than our last visit to the children's ER.  (Incidentally, I never want to see the inside of the children's ER again.)  And then we went to get Whattaburger, because I told Robbie that we could get Whattaburger if he were a good boy in the hospital.  In the two hours of sitting around for observation, I tell you what, that promise was what kept him going. 

He was also charming the heck out of the nurses.

We got back around 10:30.  Poor little guy spent so much time looking forward to those fries, but he was too tired to eat more than half of them. 

Anyway, I'm beat.  I'll have more details tomorrow, though they were/are a little scary, so I'll understand if you don't want to read.  I'd just like to have a record.  That's what blogging is for, right? 

Many, many thanks to everyone who prayed for us and sent encouraging texts all evening long.  May you all be blessed.