Thursday, April 28, 2011

v2, d325: Lame

So today (yesterday) is (was) Embrace the Lame Day.  It's the national holiday where you're supposed to stand up proudly and declare all the little things in your life which most people would probably consider, well, at least a little bit silly.  All your nerdish, geek-out, aren't-you-too-old-for-that tendencies magnified with pride, usually via your blog or social media and generally in the form of a list.  Dave made it up, and I briefly rescued the cause in 2009 when he was blogger-incapacitated.  I've done a poor job of 'splaining it, but hey, it's 12:30 and I've been past exhausted since about six this evening.  (I did manage to get the dishes done and cook some hamburgers so Kim doesn't have to cook dinner while I'm at work tomorrow night, though!)

Honestly, I can't think of anything about me that would constitute "Lame" that we haven't already covered at least once here at FOMW. I mean, if you don't already know my lamer tendencies, dear readers, you just aren't paying attention.  If you want a 'list,' all I can say is pick a month on the left-hand side of this blog.  Just about any month will do.  Now, skim the blog topics.  Yeah.  I pretty much embrace my lameness 365.  I like to think it's part of my charm. 

Tune in next time, when we'll probably talk about Thor, the Playoffs, my fantasy novel, or the fact that I'm actually kind of intrigued by the next X-Men movie now that I've seen the international trailer.