Tuesday, July 12, 2011

v2, d378: VBS

A sad reality: every post I write puts the Walrus Dance-Break one post closer to being off the front page forever.  Suddenly my usual blog fodder seems so inadequate...

Incidentally, I lost one of my followers overnight.  Sorry, whoever was severely turned off by Walrus Dance-Break.

When I did the search that ended up yielding that particular .gif, all i was really looking for was this guy:
Anywho, I'm pretty beat.  My first ever VBS is now up and running. On the whole, I'd say it's going well enough.  I see things that I want to do better next year, and a lot of it comes with earlier planning.  That's sort of been the theme of this year.  It's fun to be a part of, though.  Makes me remember why I always loved VBS when I was a kid.  Was one heck of a stress-fest getting everything set up in time for the first night, and then we had some road bumps along the way to getting all of our stations situated once we'd started, but now things all seem to be functioning just fine.  I spent all yesterday morning, early afternoon, and evening getting things where they needed to be.  Once we sent the kids on their way to their crafts, Bible studies, and games tonight, there wasn't really much left for me to do.  It was such an abrupt shift from the night before that I wondered if I was missing something really important.  Anyway, it's up, and kids and adults seem to be having fun, so I'm at least happy on that front :-)

I'm actually pretty excited about this next year.  Now that I've spent the past year learning the ropes on all of our big events, I feel like I finally know what I'm doing.  Looking forward to adding and enhancing some of our kids ministries as the year unfolds. 

VBS, by the way, is why you've heard so little of me these past few days.  That, and I've been getting to sleep between 2 and 3 a.m. pretty consistently now for several weeks.  The past few days, my head ached and my muscles were sore despite the fact I hadn't really done much physical activity in a week (too exhausted), so that's probably not healthy.  Maybe that'll get better now that VBS is up. 

Here's hoping.