Monday, August 3, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Four: Families love you

As you're already aware, I spent a vast majority of this weekend out of town, having a fantastic time. My leaving town is not generally that big of a deal, BUT I did choose the one weekend when Robbie was going to become violently ill and cranky. When I talked to Kim around 5 p.m. on Saturday, the poor child had already thrown up four times that day. And he wasn't done, either!

Needless to say, I got home as quickly as I could Sunday, and everyone was glad to see one another, because as much as I enjoy most of my out-of-town trips, I will freely admit that I do not like leaving my family at home. I know, I know, big softie.

Anyway, this is one reason coming home to your family is awesome: you get to have exchanges like this:

W: I missed you.
K: I missed you, too.
W: Yeah, but I missed you while I was having a great time. You missed me while cleaning up a vomiting child.
K: ....I missed you before he started vomiting...

Anyway, good to be home, good to be back to work and to welcome a friend into the company, and I'm already a tad behind on the week, so I'd better go. (Coming soon: the awesomeness that is driving from Houston to Lubbock and back!)