Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Nine: Crazy Eights

August 8th. 08/08. The day my wife and I bought our first new (used) car. (A 2008, no less). After I woke up at 8 a.m.

But wait, there's more.

The car has four wheels, and Kim believes the engine is a 4-cylinder. 4 + 4 = 8.

Furthermore, this upcoming Thursday will be our fourth anniversary. That means I've been married four years and Kim's been married four years. Once again, 4 + 4 = 8.

We had a large pizza from Papa John's for dinner. How many slices? 8. We went to HEB Central Market to get some cookies Robbie could eat for snack time at school. Two packages cost how much? About eight bucks. And then what did we do? You guessed it, we ate.

Eights everywhere. It's craaaaazy.

(Side note: for some reason, I have it in my head that this is the 21st anniversary of my family's move from California to Kansas. That would make the date 8/8/88. Yup. The day before Wayne Gretzky was traded to the L.A. Kings)