Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Twenty-Six: Discretion

I find it best not to write a reflective "How I Got Here" post on a night where "Why The Hell Am I Here?" is the prevalent thought, so we'll pick that up again tomorrow. Promise. And it will probably have something amusing about a camel. So be looking for that.

Tonight is rough. (And no, it doesn't have anything to do with Spotlighter Awards, or the outcomes of Spotlighter Awards. Congrats to all the winners, you all deserve it!!) And for some reason, I really don't want to talk about it, because I can't think of a way to say some of it without hurting some folks that really don't deserve to feel hurt, so I hope you'll excuse my lack of social activity this evening.

I don't know if this is the perfect time or a terrible time to be reading Cormack McCarthy's "The Road." I'll let you know, though ;-)

Never gonna stop, not a break in my stride,
Never let this cancer eat from inside.
Raise the flag high with fists to the sky;
I'll finish this, or this is good-bye.
Spies to the right set their claws to kill me,
Lies from the left clasp their jaws on the guilty.
I'll break free, I'll break free,
Just you watch me....

--Fortress of Solitude, BS2