Tuesday, November 16, 2010

v2, d210: And speaking of video games...

I'm gittin' 'er done on the ol' novel tonite, so you get a filler blog.  

I posted this on my Facebook the other day, but I'm gonna share it on here as well.  Super Mario Crossover.  It's a free game somebody put up online that lets you play through the original Super Mario Brothers game with your choice of Mario, Link, Ryu, Megaman, Samus, Simon Belmont, or the guy from Contra whose name I don't remember.  And it's actually really cool.  Each character plays more or less like they play in their original game (with a couple tweaks added in).  I've had a small bit of trouble getting the game to respond to my keystrokes, but only very rarely.  Using Link to downward thrust on those multiple-coin blocks is fun.  He can also stab through brick.  So far, I generally enjoy using Link or Contra-guy for most levels.  (Though occasionally I go the boring route and choose Mario, since it's quicker than trying to figure out the physics of using a new character)

In the immortal words of Tatsu, "Go.  Play.  Have fun."