Monday, May 9, 2011

v2, d333: "Brand New State! Gonna Make It Great!"

Today's post has nothing to do with that title.  It was just stuck in my head.

All right, as many of you are aware, Mother's Day was Sunday.  Kim tells me she had a good Mothers' Day, so that makes me happy.  Robbie and I went out to Barnes and Noble and bought her a book I thought she'd like and then to Kroger for some fancy-pants dark chocolate (from me) and a bouquet of purple flowers (from Robbie).  He managed to keep the secret of what her presents were (except for the flowers, we gave those to her Saturday afternoon) until Sunday morning when I told Robbie we could give her her other presents.  I gave him the bag and he ran to Kim, saying, "Here you go, Mommy!  It's a funny cake book and special chocolate!" 

He still does a better job of keeping his mouth shut than I did at his age.

Robbie's school had a "Ten Questions About Mommy" worksheet they sent home with him Friday afternoon.  I'm going to share it with you now.

1. What's your mom's name?
Kim

2. What does she do?
works

3. How old is she?
I don't know

4. How does daddy call mom?
Kim

5. What is her favorite color?
red

6. What is her favorite food?
I don't know

7. What is her favorite movie?
Bob the Builder

8. How many brothers and sisters does she have?
1

9. Where does she like to take you for fun?
she likes taking me library

10. What message do you want to send her for mother's day?
if I could buy her something I would buy flowers