Monday, May 23, 2011

v2, d343: In Which I Shut Up For A Couple of Days

So I didn't blog for a couple of days.  Or didja notice?  Thing is, I had a pretty good weekend.  Not really a whole lot I can complain about.  Until I'd get on the Internet. And then I'd just get ticked off.  So, rather than write a really lame whiny blog while the rest of the world was dealing with legitimate crap, I played video games.  Which is something I haven't done a ton of since I had kids.  I'm back to Final Fantasy X.  And I played a lot of it the last two nights.  One of the great things about this game is the fact that, even when you know what you're doing, you can still die in a lot of different places.

Anyway, that's where I've been.  Pinocchio closed on Saturday.  There was a lot of magic to that show.  I think so, at least.  I've probably never been prouder of a show than I am of that one.  We had some unique difficulties to work around.  I'm really proud of the cast, I'm happy with (most of) the ways the show grew throughout the run, I'm still impressed with the excellent work of my design team, and I'm blessed to have received the testimonies of several parents and children who were touched by the show.  One woman told me she and her husband ended up having a forty minute conversation about God's grace with their kids after they saw it.  You just can't ask for a more awesome and humbling response than that.  If this script never gets produced again--and let's face it, that's a real possibility.  There are already a lot of Pinocchios running around out there--I say everything that went into this one is worth it.

Back to the country club tomorrow, this time dragging around a giant blue bug.  I get the feeling it's gonna be a wacky week, folks!