Friday, January 30, 2009

Day Nineteen: If we're gonna make it through this, things are gonna have to change

I hate these evenings when I wait until the very last thing to write something here. Today was a long day (though not as long as it would have been if we had had a 9:30 a.m. show as well as the 11:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. shows) and my mind and body are pretty much done. This troubles whatever part of me it is that wants to write, however, whether it be blog posts or stories or plays or emails, because that part of me is currently active and kicking. It wants for me to write about my blogger name (wannabewordslinger) and things that I've learned about myself as an artist over the past year. (Yes, I'm actually to the point where I consider myself an artist, or at least a form of an artist. That's a battle I've been fighting within myself for about eight years, and that'd probably make a good post one day, too)

Thing is, I've sat here and tried to write that entry. Twice, actually. And each time it starts out all right, but by about the third or fourth paragraph I've tangented and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to my point.

It's the kind of thing I know I could handle if my brain were firing on all cylinders, but it's just not.

So I'm going to make an effort to start writing earlier in the day when possible (which, admittedly, was not today anyway. But still).

Also, making an effort to get back into Bible study more regularly. My plan is to start in the prophets. Love me some O.T. prophets. Do me a favor and check in on my progress from time to time to make sure I stick with this.

Finally, check out this web site. It'll look awfully familiar if you hung out with me much my junior year of college.