Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day Seven: We love tha moon, coz it is close to us...

I have two plays that I want to write (well, one is a re-write, and one is just something I feel I need to get done soon), but they will have to wait.

See, my novel isn't finished yet. I had planned to write it and give it to Kim as a Christmas present, but I didn't quite have it done by December 25th. I got about 75% of the way through, about 58,000 words in, and that was quite an accomplishment (for me, anyway), but I still had to give Kim an unfinished book.

Well, it's time to wrap it up. I've got everything set in motion to take me to the end, and I should be able to get it done by February if I stick to it. Which I'd really like to because a) Kim wants to know what happens next, b) I want to be finished with the rough draft of this project, and c) I really want to get back to playwrighting, which comes far more naturally to me. But I will embark on no new writing tasks until I get Gab and his friends out of this confounded forest.

"Huh! I think that's when I lost control of this story?"
*laughing* "When the werewolves took over?"
"Yes!!"
--Kim and I talking about the book on the way to church this morning