Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day One-Hundred Forty-Nine: Desperation

Desperation.

This could be the last night of the hockey season. If so, it'll mean the Pens have lost Lord Stanley's Cup.

Again.

To the Red Wings.

Again.

Not going to lie, if that's how it all goes down tonight, I will be about as crushed as I can get over a sporting event. It'll be "CANUCKS GOING GOLFING!!!" in my heart for at least a couple of days. I am a wreck of nerves right now.

Interesting thing is, looking around the Internet, it seems like most people have already handed Nick Lidstrom Lord Stanley tonight. It's funny, because after the Pens tied the series at two, many of these same bloggers were saying the Wings were done. Make up your mind, people.

Anyway, I'll do whatever I can to help the Pens get their mojo back after the Game 5 debacle. If that means I have to link to an entry in a blog written by a dinosaur who lives at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, you know I'll do it.

Okay, okay. I would probably have done it anyway.

(Edit: My day numbering got off just a titch, but I fixed it)