Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day One-Hundred Forty-Three: Awesome. Thanks.

Quick story from work today.

While I was walking through the box office, one of my coworkers stops me to tell me she had a friend by earlier today, and that the two of them caught a little bit of the Riddle of the Rainbow rehearsal, and that the little part they caught was me singing my one solo in the show (which I whole-heartedly acknowledge is probably my weakest point in the performance, as I'm the least of the four singers in the cast). She then tells me that her friend was a recent graduate with a MA in music performance. She says her friend was really tickled with the rehearsal he watched and ended up taking one of our posters to put up in his music store. My coworker then reiterates that it was my solo they watched as they passed through the theater.

"Oh," I say a bit nervously, "great."

She laughs. "Don't worry," she says, "it wasn't quite as bad as you think it was!"

Awesome. Thanks.