Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day One-Hundred Sixty: Will is Not a Tank

Yesterday was long, so today will be short, okey-dokey?

I can hardly believe I am so completely exhausted tonight. We closed Riddle of the Rainbow today. It had a good run, I think, all things considered. Afterward, I stayed at the theater and had lunch, because I was the only one of the cast who was called to help strike the set and load in the Steel Magnolias set. (Actually, I ended up on lights duty, not set duty; also, while I was the only actor called, it is worth noting that our stage manager and box office manager were also called to strike, so they were there just as long as I was--longer, by the end of the night) Fortunately, I was only called until about six (which ended up being seven after dinner was included), when Tarvis got out of rehearsal for that other show and took my place. All told, I put in about a ten-hour day. Not the worst thing in the world, and I know there were folks there who did more strenuous labor than I did in that time and stayed longer than I did (though most of them didn't have to be there in the morning to do the show). However, I also got about four hours of sleep last night. And not more than five hours any one night this week. I think that's probably the biggest factor.
So. Crazy exhausted. Actually going to bed at ten tonight. Had a lot I wanted to get done around the house, but I am literally having trouble standing up straight for too long. Which is actually kinda fun, but hardly productive at all. Sooner or later, my body reminds me that I am not, in fact, a robot, and that if I don't get a lot of sleep--and soon!--it may force me to. And as I've got a vacation coming up next weekend that I'd rather not be sick for, I'm going to heed its warnings and get as much rest as possible over the next couple of days.

In closing: congrats and thanks to everyone involved in Riddle; congrats and thanks to everyone involved in strike. And congrats and thanks to the Pens, just for the heck of it.

And to you, my loyal readers.

And the makers of the original Jurassic Park movie. Cuz that was awesome.