Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day One-Hundred Sixty-Seven: Sirens

So, I've got Internet here, but it's borrowed, and it's not my computer. And since yesterday's entry (regarding the trip up here) is on my computer, you'll get it...um...later. (Don't feel too cheated; like Day One of the NHL draft this year, it's not very exciting)

Kim is off with two of her sisters and Robbie going shopping, so they could show up at any moment and then I'll be done blogging for the day. It's been a long time since I've spent any amount of summer in a midwestern state. The tornado sirens just went off for their weekly test-run. Ah, memories. I really hope we get a "real" thunderstorm while I'm out here; the only storms we've had in Houston that I would have classified as "real" storms were all in the past twelve months, and two of them had names. Seems there should be a happy medium between rain and hurricane.

Ugh. I hate trying to type with a new keyboard. This particular compy has lost its "S" key, so there's a gaping hole where the "S" should be and I have to make sure I hit just the right part of the sensor to get the "S" to actually type. It's a little annoying, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

(Fun blog post idea: try to type an entire entry without using the letter "S". Book recommendation: Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. Read it, love it, thank me later)

Anywho, I think I hear them getting back, so I'm logging off. Nice, hot day outside. Gorgeous blue sky. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.