Monday, June 1, 2009

Day One-Hundred Forty-One: Bye, bye, Biff

Yuck. Running on fewer than three hours of sleep today. Six o'clock call in the morning, and in rehearsal until seven tonight. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Anyway, today was the final YA booking of the year. What an unusual year this was, and I wasn't even in the unit! Well, most of the time. I became a part of the Biff, Bang, Kapowie! unit when we lost a cast member in (surprise surprise!) February, and that was fun, even though we all really didn't like Biff, Bang, Kapowie! Sad thing is that I think, of the three shows, Biff was the show with the best performances by just about everybody. Everyone really did a great, great job with this script, even though nobody liked it.

You can tell how well-rested I am by the fact that I just used the word "great" twice in a row right there. That's because I am both awesome and awesome.

Anyway, amusing last night: Tarvis came over to watch the Pens lose with me (game three is tomorrow night, party at my place!), and Kim said that as Robbie went to bed his good night prayer went a little something like this:

"Thank you God Daddy.
Thank you God Tavis.
Thank you God hockey.
Thank you God, go Penguins."

Cute kid. (Is this a good time to teach the "Sometimes, God answers our prayers with a 'no'" lesson?)

Back on subject: I'm proud of this year's YA touring team. I hope it was a great learning and growing experience for everyone involved, because that, to me, is what makes touring such a big and unique part of what we do at this company. Looking forward to some fun times and hopefully hitting the road full-time again next year!