Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Fifty-Two: 34-31

Wow. What a difference a week makes.

'Zgonina' is one of my new favorite names in sports. Always love to see the role players make a big play to seal the deal.

Jacoby...wow, dude. You've got more lives than a cat using a Game Genie. There were some chances for you to be the MAJOR goat of this game, and somehow you dodged the bullet both times. I like the haircut, though. And congrats on your first TD.

What an entertaining (albeit sloppy!) football game! I'm awfully glad we pulled it out, because otherwise I'd be ranting right now about how on earth a team can leave one of the fastest backs in the game completely uncovered. Not even poorly covered, but COMPLETELY uncovered. I don't think there was anyone on his half of the field. But we won, so I don't have to go on that rant.

Hope Chester isn't too hurt...for some reason it just sorta seemed like the guy was destined to start every Texans game ever. No, I don't know how it was going to be physically possible, but it seemed like it was going to happen anyway.

Kyle Shanahan looks like my high school biology teacher. (He was the volleyball coach and the golf coach as well as sponsor of the FCA group, for the record)

It's so much fun to have a legit rivalry down here! Takes me back to the days of watching all those Chiefs-Broncos tilts all through the '90s.

By the way, going back and reading John McClain's in-game blogging in sequence is pretty funny.

Dang, what a wild game!! I wonder which Texans team will show up next week at Reliant?