Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Thirty-Seven: Another Openin'

Tomorrow morning will mark the first performance of the season. We're doing our two-person version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe at St. Luke's UMC for all of their Sunday school kids. Like, ALL of them. Which should be a lot. It's really more of a three-person show than a two-person show, because we have most of our sound effects performed live, and as the guy who used to be the guy who did the sound, I feel like that guy gets gypped as the other two get all the glory. I mean, yes, it is fairly impressive playing ALL of the male (or female) characters in the story in 42 minutes. But really, you just gotta have 4-5 different voices. There are times when Sound Guy has to have 4-5 ARMS just to get everything to go off without a hitch. Plus, the director this time around has added something like ten cues more than we had back when I was running sound, so I can't rightly imagine what it's like now.

Heck, a couple years ago, we even had two people running sound.

Dang economy.

Anyway, I have to be up early-ish (6:45, not horrible, but earlier than I'm used to) for tomorrow morning's show. My parents are going to show up, which is pretty awesome because I don't think they've seen me in anything since college.

All right, kids. Onward and upward!