Wednesday, September 1, 2010

v2, d158: Survey time

True story: I had planned to finally get to my 1,000 Words feature today, but then last night somebody bugged me about it, so now I have to put it off a few more days or people will start thinking they can get whatever they want out of this blog with a little complaining ;-)

So instead, we get an unoriginal survey.  It's just like our myspace days, everybody!  Fortunately, back in our myspace days most of you said my surveys were far more entertaining than my actual blogs, so maybe this won't be so bad after all.  (H/t to Brittany for the survey)


What is your salad dressing of choice?
One: this is a lame first question for a survey.
Two: I generally eat my salads naked. 

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
There are stand-up restaurants?
I generally like places with fun family atmospheres that aren't overly annoying, because most of the time I go out it's for lunch and with my family.  I'm also a big "theme" guy because I grew up wanting to design amusement parks.  I guess just about any Hibachi grill is probably my favorite sit-down restaurant. 

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
If nutrition were no object?  Spaghetti-o's.  (This has been tested and proven true)

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Ham, mushroom, and black olive together.  Also like bacon, pineapple, and beef. 

How many televisions are in your house?
One.  It took a couple of months, but I did toss the one that didn't work. 

What color cell phone do you have?
Steelish...blue-ish?

Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Left.  Though I throw right-handed.
Also, when I fight, I usually find myself wanting to lead with my right randomly mid-fight, despite the fact that I'm clearly more comfortable and effective leading with my left. 
  Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
I lost a lot of teeth when I was young.  Also, a mole and a cyst.  (The cyst was really, really gross)



What is the last heavy item you lifted?
By myself?  A couch.  With friends?  A platform with casters. 

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
No.  I faked it once or twice.  It wasn't at all funny.  Oh, and once I almost passed out while giving blood because my donation time fell over my entire lunch hour and I hadn't eaten anything in six or seven hours. 

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
I don't think so.  Unless, like, it was a preventable death, like "Don't go to the comic book store on that day to buy a comic book, because if you do it'll fall on you."  Then I'd probably like to know so I could call the comic shop in advance and tell them to check their foundation.  (Also: I probably wouldn't bother with the comic book.  It's just not worth dying over)

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Hm...how's Dirk Goodwriter sound?

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
I'd definitely give it my best shot.  What are the rules?  How fast do I have to drink it?  Can I take it little bit at a time over a span of a month and get the cash spread out over a decade? 

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
Technically, none maybe?

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
I got pulled over for going 40 in a 30 when I was late for work once.  The officer asked what I did for a living, I told him I was an actor/director/writer for a theater company and that my focus this year was on peer pressure and drug awareness for elementary school kids.  He later told me that "We all need a warning from time to time, so that's all you're getting today.  Remember, drugs aren't the only things that kill kids.  Fast drivers can kill kids, too."  Well said, officer.  Well said.

Last person you talked to?
Kim

Last person you hugged?
Kim

Fav Season?
Hockey season

Fav Holiday?
Thanksgiving!!!!

Fav Day of the week?
I don't think I have one anymore.  In college, it was Thursday, because Thursday meant it was one day away from Friday.  Strange, but true.

Fav Month?
...October?  Sure, October.  The weather down here gets awesome and not hot anymore, hockey season starts, it's Kim's birthday and my parents' anniversary, our children's theater season gets into full swing, there's the Halloween carnival at church...October's pretty rad. 

Missing someone?
I always find I'm missing people I'm not currently around.  I rejoice for the day we're not separated any more!

What are you listening to?
iTunes shuffle.  Now playing: My World View by Audio Adrenaline

Watching?
Um...nothing.  I'm typing. 

Worrying about?
Worrying about plenty, but not stressing about any of it :-)

First place you went this morning?
The kitchen. 


What's the last movie you saw?
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.  It's actually hilarious. 

Do you smile often?
I don't know.  I'm told I often look upset or even angry, and I'm usually pretty happy. 

Do you always answer your phone?
No.  I'm getting better about learning that I don't have to drop what I'm doing and pick it up every time it rings.  Ditto with text messages.  Some things can wait.

Its four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Normally I'd say Travis, but he's generally asleep at that time, so probably Mr. Redd.

If you could change your eye color what would it be?
The question says "If you could" and not "If you had to," so I think I'll stand pat because I think my wife likes my eyes. 

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
I always get slushes at Sonic.  I usually get a lemon-berry.  Mm, strawberries...

Do you own a digital camera?
Yes, but we've lost the cable to connect it to the computer, which is why my facebook has had no new pics from me for the past year.

Have you ever had a pet fish?
Ha!  Yes.  We used to have a whole bunch of guppies.  Then one day there was a plague, and we lost like seventeen of them in thirty-six hours.  Didn't wipe out the colony, though.  We eventually gave them away to a family from our church.  A good family, too.  I wonder what became of those fine people!

What's on your wish list for your birthday?
Borders/amazon/iTunes gift cards, cash.

Can you do push ups?
Yes

Can you do a chin up?
I actually did one or two a couple weeks ago just to see if I still could. 

Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Why can't it be both?  :-)

Do you have any saved texts?
I'm not sure why I'd intentionally save most of the texts I get.  Most of them are "K"

Ever been in a car wreck?
A few minor fender-benders; nothing big.

Do you have an accent?
I think just about everybody has an accent to some degree or another.  I'm not sure what you'd classify mine as, but I'm sure you could classify it as something.

What was the last song that made you cry?
Um...wow, I have no clue.  Like, really, can't even guess.  Sorry.

When was the last time you cried?
Last Wednesday.  Bad, bad day.  Don't need to talk about it, thanks!

Plans tonight?
D-I-S-H-E-S!

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes. 

Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Seriously?  Um...I bought some air for my tires...I bought a candy bar for fifty cents at work...sorry, can't come up with a third, tho the day before I got some lemonade for Kim.

Have you ever been given roses?
I think maybe for a show at some point in my career, probably high school.  But no specifics, sorry.

Current dislike right now?
The Economy. 

Met someone who changed your life?
I can't fathom anybody who could honestly answer this question with a 'No'...

How did you bring in the new year?
Depends on who you talk to...MWUAHAHAHAHAAA...

What song represents you?
Crash and the Boys once dedicated a song to me in a concert, but I can't remember what it was called...

Name three people who might complete this?
No.

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Do I get to choose when and where to?  Can the people in the past see/hear me?  Could my actions cause rifts in the space-time-continuum, or does the STC pretty much not want to deal with the ramifications, choosing instead to just let discrepancies slide?  Not enough information.

Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
Once.

Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now?
Man I hope so.

Does anyone love you?
Man I hope so.

Would you be a pirate?
Yeah...I'm pretty modern piracy is not as glamorous as you might think...

What songs do you sing in the shower?
I usually hum, not sing.  Often Dr. Horrible or Riddle of the Rainbow. 

Ever had someone sing to you?
Yes.  I remember my mom used to sing to me every night when I went to bed.  I don't remember when/why we stopped that, but I apparently got too old at some point.

Have you held hands with anyone today?
Yes.  My family. 

What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
DC Talk, Carman, Michael W. Smith, aaaaaaand PDQ Bach. 

Do you believe in staying close with your ex's?
I fortunately only have one ex, and while we're not "close" we're definitely friends. 

Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
Neither; most are "facebook friends"

Do you like pulpy orange juice?
You know what?  I really, really do.  It's not easy to find, and my wife doesn't like it, so I never really get it, but I love the stuff.

What is something your friends make fun of you for?
Can't pinpoint one specific thing...Hey, friends, what do you make fun of me for?

Have you ever ridden on an elephant?
You know, I don't think so, but I'm fairly certain the option was out there one time.  I've ridden a camel.  I think. 

What are you saving your money up for right now?
I'm saving money right now?  (Kidding...paying off credit card, preparing for new baby)

When is the last time you ate peanut butter and jelly?
Far too long ago.  Dang.  I want peanut butter and jelly...
Wait!  I remember!  Guild event after the closing performance of Alice Now!
I kinda miss Alice Now!  Man, I loved that cast.

What song(s) do you want played at your funeral?
Every New Day.  The Jaws Theme.  Hold Me Jesus.  Mr. Blue Sky.  Be True To Your School.  Theme from Jurassic Park.  96,000.  Wake Me Up On Time.  And the final track from the Spelling Bee cast recording.

What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Heh.  Blogging.