Sunday, June 13, 2010

v2, d94: While I'm Here...

So apparently the Houston Zoo Blog is using GUEST BLOGGERS. Hm, wonder where they got THAT idea from, hmmmmm???? ;-)

So I'm composing a list of things I ought to do at some point since I'm living in this huge metropolis. Keep in mind I grew up in a town of 10,000, so there are a lot of opportunities that exist down here that didn't exist up there. For example: about a month ago, Tarvis and I took in an Indian movie. Foreign films! At the movie theater! Never seen that before! A couple years ago, I ate Afghan and Lebanese food. (The Afghan was good, the Lebanese...not so much) Hello, multicultural cities! Last year, we took in the uber-cheesy Thanksgiving Day Christmas fireworks for the first time. Fireworks! On Turkey Day! Novel!

I'm looking around to see what other things I can get here that I may not get wherever I move next. For example: did you know Houston has a professional women's football team? They play in Sugar Land somewhere. (Yet we don't have professional lacrosse. Boo.)

Any suggestions of "big city life" that I need to make sure I don't miss out on? (Note: this isn't an "I'm leaving Houston soon!" post, but I would hate to leave here thinking I'd left something undone or untried. Within reason, of course)