Tuesday, January 25, 2011

v2, d263: Outgehangen

I don't think I've ever really gone into detail about this on here.

Dave, Tarvis, and I infrequently have a Guys Night.  But because we're us, we can't call it Guys Night.  While apparently on a German kick, I coined the term "Outgehangen" via text.  It's not a real word, so don't bother looking it up.  Though, now that I have looked it up, it's fairly similar to the German proverb "Mitgefangen, mitgehangen," which appears to mean "Cling together, swing together!"  And that's pretty close.  Instead, it's a Germglish term that means "the act of hanging out."  One of the earliest Outgehangens resulted in the creation of our only other Germanish term, das Biest, a homemade pita pizza with multiple cheeses, hamburger meat, ham, pepperoni, bacon, and mushroom.  Das Biest has since been discontinued in light of the fact that we each would like to live to see forty years of age. 

Anyway, I love these guys.  Tonight was the first time we'd managed to get all three of us together in about a month.  Also one of the only times we've managed to get together before 10 p.m.  Turns out, we're pretty funny when we've been apart for such a long time.  Or maybe we're funny when we've just stuffed ourselves with great,  non-das Biest pizza.  Or maybe we're not actually funny, but our standards of humor are lowered when we're around one another.  At any rate, we have fun.  As I said on my way out the door, "We ought to meet once a month more often."