Friday, January 28, 2011

v2, d265: Because I Didn't Post Yesterday

Bleh.  I feel terrible.  Better than I did earlier this evening, but still pretty bad.  Woke up with a painfully sore throat, and it just sorta all went downhill from there.

NHL All-Star weekend is here.  Rather than play East vs West this year, the league picked captains and those guys drafted the teams.  It's basically the ultimate pick-up game, only this time the Last Guy Picked (Torono's Phil Kessel) got $20,000 donated to a charity of his choice.  He also got a new car.  I don't think either of those things had been announced beforehand.

Highlight: Rangers' d-man Marc Staal claiming he likely wouldn't be buying big brother Eric any more Christmas or birthday gifts when his bro hadn't drafted him by the 5th round. 

Finished Marilynne Robinson's beautiful book Gilead and then went immediately into Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down.  There's a pretty radical shift for ya.

Aeros going on the powerplay in OT. 

I'm logging out.  I feel awful.