Wednesday, February 2, 2011

v2, d270: HD521-2W

I hate the Compy. But I just can't get a new one in the foreseeable future.  If I were to suddenly fall into a world of cash, my first priority would be to set it aside for day care tuition for an infant. Second would be a second car.  New Compy is a little way down the road yet.

So, we'll have a contest.  If any of you lovely people know of a practical solution to the error message listed above, drop me a line.  A quick glance through The Internet seems to suggest that my only options involve losing everything we've got on the Compy.  Stories, baby pictures, everything.  It seems there oughtta be a solution that doesn't involve losing everything and costs less than $200.  Then again, I know full well that things aren't always what I think they oughtta be. 

Oh, and for the contest...whoever gets me the best solution here will win a...thing....of some sort.  Possibly autographed. By me, though, so not anything terribly valuable. 

However, let's not end this post on a downer, all righty? 

Tonight.  Pens vs. Isles. Penguins have a 3-0 lead with less than a minute to go in the third when frustrated (and almost comically-oft-injured) Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro decides to make a statement that no, these New York Islanders will not be pushed around. 

Pittsburgh backup goalie Brent Johnson skates all the way the length of the ice to say, "I heartily disagree, good sir!" and we have ourselves a goalie fight. 

Sort of.



Between this and MAF's victory "strut" in Montreal, I think it's safe to say that there is some serious attitude between the pipes in Pittsburgh this year. Yikes!   Hey, can USA Hockey officially disown Rick DiPietro now?  (One punch!   One punch!

By the way, Johnson lost the shutout, because he and DiPietro were both ejected for leaving their creases to fight.  Since he didn't play the final 15 seconds of the game, Johnson didn't hold the Isles scoreless for a full sixty minutes, thus no shutout. 

Not that it matters ;-)