Monday, February 7, 2011

v2, d275: 4.5

Robbie went down early tonight. By 8:00 p.m. he was already in bed. He was actually telling me he was a little bit sleepy when we got home from school.  This is partly because of the Super Bowl and partly because he didn't take his nap this afternoon. 

Then, shortly after he was asleep, I was asleep.  At about 8:10 I suddenly got up, went into the bedroom, and crashed hard.  It was glorious.

Now it's 1:12 and I'm awake away.  Why, you ask?  Well for one thing, I was hungry.  For another, my body is now used to getting four and half hours of sleep per night, so when 12:30 rolled around it was time to get up.  Which is just as well, I suppose, since I had some dishes that needed done. 

I did, however, have a dream about going back to college with wife and son in tow and being asked to play goalie for the soccer team. What can I say?  I guess Soccer Practice has been on my mind a lot lately...