Thursday, February 17, 2011

v2, d283: "When no one understands you, or the little things you do..."

Today was sort of a rough day, because I kept failing to help people, which always bums me out.  There were a lot of people having bad days today, and any time I tried to step in and make someone feel better...I dunno, it just didn't click today.  It's like playing a ball game where all your shots hook left for some reason.  Or like you're Superman, and you see a piano's falling on somebody, so you swoop down and catch the piano only to discover there was a motorcycle inside the piano, and the motorcycle falls out and lands on the person.  You can't help but feel a little embarrassed and disappointed.  Even if it wasn't your fault, because really, how are you supposed to know there's a motor cycle in the piano?  Wait, I guess if you're Superman, you have X-ray vision.  So maybe not Superman.  Maybe Green Lantern or something.  Whatever.

Point is, today was a rough day for a lot of my friends, and I always hate to see people I love having bad days. 

Anyway, here's the new Thor trailer, if you haven't seen it yet.



Also,youtube fail/youtube win:

I decided to look for a snappy way to say there was a lot of snapping going on at work today--and not cool snapping, either, but heads-being-bitten-off snapping.  And I knew exactly what link I wanted for "heads-being-bitten-off," too: Handy the puppet from the classic The Tick episode The Tick vs. Arthur's Bank Account telling his human friend The Human Ton to "DON'T JUST STAND THERE, EAT HIS HEAD!"  followed by the Ton grumbling "OKAY" and chomping down on The Tick's cranium.  "See?" Handy cries, "He's eating your head, and I can still speak!  He's eating, I'm speaking!  He's eating, I'm speaking!  HOW DO WE DO IT?"  And of course, "The Tick EAT HIS HEAD"  yielded nothing useful. 

I did, however, find this when I did a general search for "head bitten off."    Doesn't get much more straightforward than that, I suppose.

Here, by the way, is the Tick episode in question.  It is a classic, and as close to "Required Viewing" as we get here at FOMW.