Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day Forty-Two: Of Life, the Universe, and Everything

This post actually has nothing to do with the question of life, the universe, and everything. However, I can't imagine what else you would title Day Forty-Two.

Be prepared for some shorties this week, my young blogling. This week is all about finishing my wife's Christmas present (since, you know, it's after Valentines Day and all). I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this on here before, but just to catch everybody up: I wrote a novel for my wife for Christmas. At least, I wrote roughly 80% of a novel...it didn't quite get finished. Then, as soon as the new year hit, writing got thrown on the back burner by more pressing assignments. Now, however, I believe the time has come to wrap this puppy up. I'm actually not that far from the end anymore, I just have never had a firm deadline to be finished by so I haven't been at it like I had been before Christmas.

Okay, deadline set: Next Saturday by midnight.

So forgive me if I appear a bit terse for the next few days. I gots me some stuff to gets done!