Saturday, March 12, 2011

v2, d302: "Well, what are YOU waiting for?" "I don't know, something AMAZING I guess..."

"Me too, kid...me too..."

Had this been a true 365 blog, I'd be on what I'd consider the "home stretch" now.  But it's not, so I'm not.  Which is fine, because I'm still having fun.

Of course, if this was a true 365 blog, I'd probably be using it to keep track of my day-by-day life, consistently providing examples from the meaningful and the mundane happenings as I journey from 2011 to 2012 or from my 28th birthday to my 29th or from one March 11th to the next.  But, really, I'm not doing that, either.

For example, here's a list of some meaningful or otherwise noteworthy things that have happened this past week:
Start of Lent
Robbie's day care Mardi Gras parade
Second week of Pinocchio rehearsals
Horrific earthquake in Japan that kills hundreds of people
Visit from in-laws
Baby shower with coworkers

Here are thing I've blogged about this past week:
Fighting an enemy of Spartans
Cute quotes from my kid (I did touch on Mardi Gras here)
The Washington Capitals
"If Theatre Was Sports"
Blogging
The dog from The Sandlot

See?  You're not really getting much of an insight into my daily life anymore.

(Oh, and the obvious: if this were a true 365 blog, I wouldn't be missing days ;-)

What, then, shall we say?  This here ain't a 365 blog no more.  There's almost no reason to keep track of the days other than the fact that I'm addicted to numbers and they occasionally provide post content fodder.  As I pondered this realization earlier tonight, I had to ask the all-important question: What, then, is my purpose for this little exercise?

Simply put, I like it.  And I like that y'all read it, but I think I'd do it anyway just because I enjoy doing it.  I enjoy the writing, even if I come up with stuff that most legitimate writers would be embarrassed to sign their names to.  (Sha-bow!)  It's fun to sit down, push some keys, and ultimately leave a little bit of yourself (figuratively) elsewhere for posterity's sake.  It's also far more relaxed than my work on any of my stories or plays, because if I can't manage to be interesting for a day or two, who the heck cares?  So I wasted a little bit of your time.  You were probably just going to use it playing Bubble Spinner anyway.

(Note: Bubble Spinner is awesome)

Anyway, that's why I'm here.  It's fun, and it's helpful.  When it stops being either of those things, I'll probably drop it for awhile again.  For now, I think it'd be kind of fun to get Volume 2 of WBW to its 500th issue.  We could do a big double-sized crossover post or something.

However that would work.

I don't know why you're here.  At some point in time, you were probably bored.  But I'm glad you're here.  You're part of what makes this fun.  And I'm sorry for those days when I waste a few minutes of your time.  But let's face it; there's a good chance that I'm the one who introduced you to Bubble Spinner in the first place, so you can't get too mad at me.