Friday, April 3, 2009

Day Eighty-Two: Oh, blog...

....it's never my intention to put this off until the last thing of the day, but with the way my schedule has been these past few weeks, that's been what's been happening. As a result, there's been an inordinate amount of rambling and other drivel (with some actually decent blogging mixed in every now and again. Go me).

I look forward to Saturday. It's a week away. (I realize the calendar says Saturday started an hour ago, but when Saturday involves working from 9 to 9, it doesn't really feel like it should count) I will do housework and car shop and be with my family. It will be fantastic.

One week from now, A Phoenix Too Frequent will be over. What an unusual journey this has been. There have been some very high highs, and there have been some "I'm-going-to-throw-my-keys-across-the-theater-oh-crap-they-got-stuck-in-the-wall" lows this past week. Is that what art is? I dunno. I hated theory and crit. Anyway, it's hard to believe we're that close from being done, when it still feels like opening is so far away.

Time has little to no meaning in theatre, I'm afraid. It's both good and bad.

I will say that it is a pleasure to be working so closely with three of my best friends in the entire company. I'm glad that we have this experience to share. I swear I will one day write four characters based off the four of us. Nobody may ever realize it but me, but I'll know, and that'll be good enough.

By the by, we should be announcing our next season pretty soon, so stay tuned for that. I'm sure I'll have something clever to say about it when the time comes.