Wednesday, May 5, 2010

v2, d57: Re-re-renewal

Why is it I almost always have to renew every library I check out twice before I finish it?

Take the book I'm currently reading, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. Great book. Quick read. Six-hundred-plus pages, so it takes a bit of commitment. Really, though, I should have knocked this bad boy out in the first two weeks with my work schedule. First three, definitely. BUT, I really didn't start it until I'd already checked it twice. And of course, you can't check a book three times, because the library knows that if you really wanted to read it, you would have finished it within SIX FREAKING WEEKS. How does this ALWAYS happen?

The book's due Friday. However, the local library isn't open on the weekend, so as long as I get it in the drop box before they open on Monday, I'm good. I'm a little over halfway through the book.

Off to read.