Sunday, May 23, 2010

v2, d75: The Week Ahead

Welcome to Bachelor Week here at FOMW. My wife is going to be in San Diego until late Thursday night on a work trip and my son is staying with his great-grandmother and an aunt or two in Oklahoma until next Saturday.

I've been kind of dreading this week. I don't do well with a lonely apartment, and I really haven't been a in good place lately when it comes to friends and social stuff anyway, and I'm also suffering from a fairly sever case of wanderlust, so I'm also pretty jealous that everyone is having adventures and I'm sitting at home in a very very empty apartment for the next four nights. I was kind of afraid I was likely just going to sit around at home and be in a foul mood, possibly to the extent of turning down perfectly good opportunities to get out, do something, or have fun, so as not to bring down any well-meaning amigos.

But you know what? Screw that. I don't want to be sad or lonely this week. I'm going to find stuff to do that I like to do. I'm going to make good use of whatever time I am at home. I'm going to eat the leftovers that Kim has been storing up for me specifically for this week, and I'm going to like it.

And if anybody has any ideas for a fun reason to get out of the house for an evening, please, give me a call. It would be good to be around people when possible.

You know, we just might see something pop up on the secret blog again soon.