Friday, July 16, 2010

v2, d118: DON'T PANIC

I'm okay. I just decided my 500 words were more important that blogging last night.

I actually only got 414, but since I've been hitting at 900+ the past few nights, I think it's okay. Besides, that next paragraph just refused to start itself, and it was after 2 a.m.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

Hey, for those of you who read the last post and have been losing sleep over it, apparently Anton Khudobin realized that winter in Houston > winter in Russia, so he's back for another year. Next year, the decision will likely be money in Minnesota > money in Russia. Smart kid, and I'm happy for him.

By the way, Interlibrary Loan is weird, Jonathan Foreman's Limbs and Branches project is just beautiful, and I kind of want to go see Inception, which will almost certainly have to happen later at night. Which means I need to try to get my 500 words out of the way earlier than later on that night.

Maybe I can take my laptop to the theater and write during the pre-show trash. Would they allow that, or would they assume I was going to record the movie and sell it in China or something?

Finally, I've really got to give props to Twitter. When I signed up not terribly long ago, it was sort of a joke. It was pretty much a way of telling people what you were eating for lunch that day. A facebook status without a facebook. And then, organizations started to use it. So did newspapers and news stations. So did individual beat writers and reporters, professional athletes, authors, other celebrities. Somehow, Twitter's become an awesome place for a fairly customizable news feed plus occasional updates from friends IN ADDITION TO being a place where people can tell other people what they had for lunch! Or share a bad line from a bad book. Twitter is actually useful, and I'm kinda impressed because it was just pathetic/sad not too long ago.

I had chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas for lunch, by the way. I know you were starting to wonder. Oh, and tons of fresh pineapple left over from morning showcase!

Man, Showcase Fridays rule unequivocally.