Wednesday, July 28, 2010

v2, d129: Ushering in a new era of mediocrity

Two of our loyal FOMW readers are leaving us tomorrow. Dave-o is headed to Haiti on a work missions trip, and Hannah is going to Missouri for a sanity break. As far as I can tell, that will reduce my readership by anywhere from 30 to 50 percent (depending on the day).

Thus, I ask myself, "What's the point???" I work and I slave and I toil to come up with something interesting yet truthful about my life to post on here almost daily, and half my readership isn't even going to be able to follow me for the next, like, ten days!

So, for the next week, I'm going onto auto-pilot. I'm not even going to try to think of anything amusing, interesting, or entertaining. Consider it auto-blogging.

What does this mean for the other 2 to 4 of you? Features. Lots of features. A gauntlet of features. Shuffleblog, Top 7, RNGOTM, Guest Blog, Only in the CHL. Maybe even a Birthday Mad-lib, even though I don't think any of my readers has a birthday coming up in the next week. Maybe a link- or video-dump. Maybe I'll bring back the old idea of the WBW Arcade. Oh, and my 500th blog will be coming up somewhere in there, so I'll let the Week Of Features (Henceforth WOF) culminate in some kind of 500th bloggiversary or something.

So, Dave and Hannah, don't worry. You won't be missing anything. Go with God, do what you gotta do, know our prayers are going with you, and don't worry about catching up with little old FOMW when you get back. I'm sure nothing interesting will happen while you're gone.