Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day Three-Hundred One: Bah. Maybe no NaNoWriMo after all...

Three-hundred one? Feels like I must have skipped ten or twenty numbers at some point...

Last night, I decided to scrap my current NaNoWriMo project and start another one. Seems all this sickness, which completely sapped all of my energy in what would have been my writing time last week, also sapped all of my enthusiasm for that project. So I was geared up to get going on this other book, but today...

Meh. I dunno. I'm still a bit tired, I'm still recovering somewhat from this cold. I have a lot of stuff to get done around the house before Thanksgiving. I also want to revise two scripts to submit for consideration for next season, and I really want to reformat an old one so I can send it to multiple publishers soon.

I mean, I've done NaNoWriMo. I did it. And it was fun, and it was exhilarating, mostly because it was so completely outside my experience. Now, it's not really any more, and some of the charm is just gone as well.

I know this is mostly fatigue talking, but I want to get these plays taken care of. I want to start turning my attention to the production of Alice I'll be directing in the spring. I think NaNo was more a game than anything else for me this year, and I think I ought to turn my attention elsewhere.

Especially since my attention seems so limited these days. Man, I can not WAIT to shake the last of these coughs! (I actually think I'm pretty close) Plus, the Christmas season is pretty close (I refuse to celebrate the Christmas season until Thanksgiving Day, thanks), and I'm pretty psyched about that, as always.

I think there's a lot of good stuff coming up.

Plus, in sixty-four days I won't have to worry about writing to you guys anymore ;-)

Kidding.