Friday, May 8, 2009

Day One-Hundred Seventeen: It all depends on your definition of "win"...

A young man outside (who I'd never seen before, but apparently lives in this complex) just told me it was his birthday. I congratulated him. He asked if I wanted a drink. I said no thanks. He assured me he meant it. I told him I didn't drink. He said that was cool. Then he told me the Rockets won tonight, and I asked if it was close. This question seemed to confuse him, so then he said the Lakers were up ten, but the Rockets had sort of come back a little. He then gives me his apartment number and tells me to come up if I want a beer. I tell him to have a happy birthday and head to my apartment.

The Rockets didn't win. I don't know what this guy was talking about.

The Penguins won, though, and tied their series at 2. Carolina with a massive win to take a 3-1 lead over Boston. I have to say that I have never heard an arena as loud for as long as the Canes' rink was during that third period. It was insane. I had to really focus to be able to hear the TV play-by-play guys, and the goal horn was very faint over the crowd noise. Unbelievable.

I got a fantastic video on my phone today of Robbie saying "GO PENWINNN!" It's pretty amazing and cute. He actually ran across the room to say Go Penwin after the Pens scored their fifth goal of the night and I jumped up and shouted "Yes!" or some such thing. Without being prompted.

Anyway, I actually had something to post about that was quite different from the story above, but I have to sort those thoughts out a bit further before posting them publicly. More "growing up" and/or "becoming a responsible adult" stuff. Always fun.