Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day One-Hundred Sixteen: Vacation...ish

So today start my three-day "vacation" from work.

I'll probably get bored and go in some time today.

See, I had two different sets of potential plans that both required this weekend, and both looked pretty probable, so I went ahead and asked off and got it approved. Then, you guessed it, both fell through. So I have the time off work, but no real reason to BE off work.

So I think I'll sleep in, then probably take a nap. I'll do some work on Hannah's birthday present. I'll get a couple of household chores done. That should pretty much take us to the point in the day when Kim and Robbie get home, and then it's business as usual.

Tonight at home was very nice, by the way. We got pizza for dinner, so Robbie was in a great mood all night. Meanwhile, at the Yo, the Aeros won another game they probably shouldn't have and suddenly sit 3 games to 1 over the Ads, with game five set for Saturday night in Houston. I'm severely tempted, folks.

Other playoff updates: Wings/Ducks at 2-2, Hawks/Canucks at 2-2, Washington leads Pittsburgh 2-1, and Carolina leads Boston 2-1.

My predictions = not looking so good right now.

Let's see, what else...oh yes, thoroughly enjoyed Star Trek. (I've never been a Trekkie, in case anyone's curious) It's a bit of a stretch in places (WHAT????) but overall it is a fun adventure film, and it's great to see Zachary Quinto do something that isn't Sylar.

Creepy Sylar.

All right, goodnight, folks! I'm on VACATION!