Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Seventy-Nine: In The Office

Do you see what I did there?

I'm blogging from work tonight. That's something I haven't done in awhile. I've got quite a bit to get done when I get home, and I don't actually have anything to be doing at the moment but on nights where I have to work I try to stay there until I'm sure Robbie is asleep so I don't wake him up/rile him up just when Kim's finally getting him to settle down. So, I'll be here another couple of minutes.

Myrtle: a melodrama closes tomorrow. Hope you saw it, if you wanted to see it. Hope you missed it, if you wanted to miss it.

The Avs are 5-1-1 this year. That's uncanny. Rookie/third overall pick/teenager/Avs fan Matt Duchene has been trying extra hard to get that first goal of the year. He's had a lot of great chances that just haven't gone in. Frustrating. Well, tonight the kid got it. On the road. A third-period game-tying goal, actually. In Detroit. Yep, you can tell the kid was an Avs fan growing up.

I'm going to the zoo tomorrow to work something called ZooBoo. What upsets me most about this is that the event is named "ZooBoo." I mean seriously. ZooBoo? Fine, schedule me to work during church. In fact, go ahead and schedule me on Thursday to work on a Sunday. Take away my only day off. Quite honestly, I understand. Sometimes, that sort of thing just happens.

But "Zooboo"?

Word on the street is the zoo would like us to come back to work their holiday event. I've already said that, if it's called "ZooHoHo", we need to decline.

Aw. Avs now trail the Wings 3-2. Come on, Duchene, get your head in the game!

Speaking of musical theater, I guess I can say on here that I'm playing drums for Bat Boy: The Musical. It's a really, really, really, really sad show. The music is pretty awesome, though. The lyrics...could use a little help. The show itself is a little grisly and, at times, a tad...er...carnal...but since this is a high school production, and a former Player directing, a lot of that stuff has been trimmed/toned down/cut completely. I think it's going to be fun. Definitely a challenge. Definitely not something I've done before.

Definitely a lot of listening to Bat Boy this past week.

Cody Mac ties it up for the Avs. Ah, boxscore-updating hockey. Is better than real food!

All right, I think I'm outta stuff to stay tonight. Keep it real, yo.