Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Sixty-Five: A winning combination

Today, I had to work both the afternoon and evening shows at the theater, so I just stayed pretty much from 1 p.m. till 9 p.m. During the first show, I got to listen to the Avs beat the Canucks on the Internet. (Someone forgot to tell Craig Anderson the Avs are supposed to suck this year) Between shows, my wife and son brought some pizza, and we had dinner together at the theater. I also got to chase my little boy around the theater for awhile and explain to him what a play was. He also sat mesmerized by the pianist playing her warm-up pieces. During the second show, I did some reading on the tenth book on my "I'll read anything!" reading project.

Looking back, the afternoon/evening combined just about all of my favorite things: the theater, family, friends, pizza, hockey, and reading. And at the end of the day, I found myself really, really wanting to write.

Lesson: Balance + contentment = creativity? Hard to tell. I am someone who definitely creates better when I'm happy. I know a lot of artists do it best when they're ticked off at the world. Or just depressed. Man, I'm glad I'm not one of those artists. Anyway, I'll attempt to look into this further ;-)

Oh, on a side note, I also find that when I'm feeling most creative and motivated to write new plays/ stories, I generally struggle to think of anything interesting to blog.

Dumb blog.

I'm just kidding. Probably.