Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day Two-Hundred Seventy-Six: "I Can't Believe I Ate the Whoooooole Thing"

You ever look back randomly on an event in your life and suddenly have trouble comprehending the fact that it actually happened? I recall a choir teacher in high school once doing something abnormally silly early one morning for our select group of Madrigal Singers, then stopping halfway through her routine with a shocked look on her face. "Oh my gosh," she said, "I really just did that, didn't I? I'm not dreaming, am I?" She was then thoroughly embarrassed for the next eight or so minutes.

In honesty, though, it hadn't been the most embarrassing thing she'd ever done.

Anyway.

For some reason, the following thought suddenly seemed absolutely absurd to me for the first time, and I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the reality of it: I can't believe Jen and I actually zipped up in dolphin outfits and leaped around a stage in scuba fins making seagull sounds. I can't believe that we did this almost daily. For just over a month.

I mean, seriously?