Monday, March 15, 2010

v2, d15: Quick, while I'm still coherent!

I'm going to go ahead and post my blog now, during my lunch break, because I got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night and I may no longer be capable of stringing together words into sentences by the next chance I get to sit down and write.

Apparently, U.S. Census forms are now out in the mail. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I hope the form is long and complicated. I love taking surveys. I especially love taking surveys that are actually used for something (a research project, say, instead of just a facebook 'Have you ever' survey). When people call to do phone surveys, I actually stay on the line more often than not.

I matter!

In college, part of my General Psychology grade included participating in a certain number of experiments that upperclassmen were doing for their advanced research projects. Loved it. One of them involved taking a survey, watching an episode of COPS, and then taking the same survey again. I think they were trying to determine if I felt more violent after watching COPS, but I don't remember.

For the record, I generally love violence. I wonder if that'll be on the Census?

I think the Census ought to have a mascot. People generally respond better to things that have mascots. (If that question is on the Census, as it should be, I'll make sure to let the government know that) I'm thinking Cedric, the Census Centaur.

"Hile, legal citizen! I am Cedric, the Census Centaur! We centaurs can read the future in the stars, yet we cannot discern your annual income without your cooperation!"

Think about it, the government. Call me back. I'll sell it to you for fifteen grand.

Seriously, though, folks, make sure you fill out your census and send it back. According to Yahoo!, they're going to send someone to your house if you don't.

Hm...I smell a romantic comedy in there somewhere...