Sunday, March 21, 2010

v2, d21: Did so post

We're playing host this weekend to my sister-in-law Julie, and yesterday was a full day as it was, so I didn't get a chance to sit down to blog until after bedtime. As such, my blog from yesterday is on the laptop, and I'll post it tomorrow. All about our spontaneous zoo trip during yesterday's mini-monsoon. Good times!

First Little Foxes rehearsal was yesterday. First Alice Now! rehearsal is tomorrow. Very long month ahead of me. I'm absolutely looking forward to the work. Not looking forward to the fatigue nor the lack of family time over the next month. Would appreciate prayers on both fronts.

Let's see, what else?

I don't know if I've mentioned this on here before, but story time has become an important part of Robbie's bedtime routine. During this time, Robbie sits on my lap on the floor of his bedroom with the lights off, and I make up a story on the spot and tell it to him. They're very short, and they're usually pretty boring, but I try to involve elements that he's familiar with or fond of (for example, stories about a little boy named Robbie, or stories featuring Spider-Man, skyscrapers, excavators, or something we did together the day before) so he really loves them because he finds them relateable.

Before nap time today, I asked Robbie if we could take turns sharing stories, which means I got to hear what my son has picked up about the fine craft of storytelling over the past month or so. Here's what I got:

"Once upon a time, there was a digger and an excavator, and they were working, and the workers dug a hole, and then it was night time, so they went home and had dinner and rested. The next morning, they went to work, and they had to dig a BIIIIG hole, so the machines dug a big hole."

Not too bad.

Hey, I just saw a commercial about how my Census is making my neighborhood a better place. Cute commercial. I guess that's one way to try to sell your little Census, Government...

By the way, I think those of us who filled out our Census forms and sent them back within two or three days ought to get something for our compliance. A cash bonus, maybe. Or some hockey tickets. Or a Cedric plush toy. Or a ball. I dunno, something.