Friday, July 10, 2009

Day One-Hundred Eighty: Caught Up

All caught up with the back-posting. Thank goodness. Should be done going out-of-town for a week at a time this 365, so hopefully I'm done back-posting for good. What a hassle. If I ever do this again, I may just post all my back-posts in one day whenever I get back from wherever I go. Or I may only travel to places with Internet access.

Or, maybe I'll just suck it up and back-post again.

Wait, I'm talking about doing this again? I still have to do it once. I've always had trouble with not looking ahead to things beyond my immediate control.

Anyway, as a follow-up to last night, here's the link to Quoteless Joe's ten minute goodbye speech.

Have I raved about the show at work yet? I don't think I have. Steel Magnolias at the A. D. Players is a treat. If you like treats, you should go to the show. You may even catch a glimpse of Mighty Tarvis while you're there, and that's always worth the price of admission, right?

Watched the movie Hellboy last night. (Thanks, Hatcher!) While it doesn't make just a whole lot of sense, I think you pretty much know what you're getting into when you watch a movie called "Hellboy" that features a large red guy with one stone fist and a tail. It's a pretty enjoyable flick. It does have a tentacle beast. Several of them, really. Does director Guillermo del Toro have a thing with tentacle beasts? I'm not opposed, of course, I love a good tentacle beast battle as much as the next guy, but if this becomes a motif then I'm a tad concerned for the upcoming Hobbit movies he's helming.

I heard a rumor that he'd been approached about directing The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but ultimately he turned it down/was rejected because he refused the resurrection aspect of the story. Otherwise, he liked it. Well, that's kind of the point to the story, I think. Does anybody know if this rumor is true?

Just watched Kat and Stormy's K-1st summer theatre camp class perform Rainbow Fish. Holy crap, that was cute. Like, majorly cute. Like, fuzzy fuzzy cute cute cute. (That just came on SO LOUDLY when I opened it on my computer. That is NOT a song you need blaring at you at any point in your day) Great job, Kat and Stormy.

I love congratulating and thanking people on my blog. Especially when I know they don't read my blog. Awesome.

Speaking of awesome....nah, I got nothing. I'm done. You can finish the sentence for yourself in the comments, if you'd like.