Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day One-Hundred Ninety-Five: Not on my side

As I sit and contemplate all that I currently do/want to do/am supposed to be doing, I've come to the following conclusion: There is simply not time, my friends.

Not enough time for me to be a good husband and a good father while holding down a full time (plus) job with the Players while bring a good friend, available whenever I'm needed and at least once a week when I'm just wanted. Not enough time to write the two (occasionally three) plays that I really want to write. Not enough time to be a "good" writer and read everything I can get my hands on, nor to reread, revise, and rewrite one book while another is slowly taking form in my down-time, nor to be a loyal and passionate hockey fan following four teams over two leagues, let alone have other hobbies that used to be unheard of for men my age but are now targeting men my age. Not enough time to be a good church member, or to do someone a favor here or there, or to go out of town for a weekend occasionally for a conference or competition in an attempt to make myself better at any of the above. When you put it all together, there is quite realistically not enough time to go around.

Oh well. That's never stopped me before!