Monday, July 6, 2009

Day One-Hundred Sixty-Six: Here. Safe. And Tired.

Just a quick note tonight to tell you we made it safely to Oklahoma. And that I’m exhausted and need to go to bed.

Hopefully I’ll be able to hook this computer up to Julie’s wireless Internet so I can post this tonight. She says she’s been having trouble with it connecting on other compies, though, so it may not work at all, and by the point you read this the notification of our arrival will be kinda pointless.

Nevertheless, blogging in the moment, I’m just letting you know that we’re here and tired. It feels SO NICE to drive in air conditioning again! It was also an absolutely gorgeous day for a drive: blue sky with white, fluffy clouds, mostly-green grass on both sides of the highway for most of the drive, and only a few major hang-ups, traffic-wise. (Oh, but they were certainly major, don’t misunderstand me) Robbie got a couple of good naps in, which made travel easier. I’d say he was probably only really cranky for about an hour total, which in a 10-hour trip isn’t really that bad.

Tomorrow’s Holly and Sam’s reception. I hope there’s a choreographed Muppet Show dance.