Friday, July 24, 2009

Day One-Hundred Ninety-Four: The Team Needs You

Thanks to Puck Daddy over at Yahoo!sports, we've got this: it takes hokey viral advertising to a whole new level...and hey kids, that's my team! (Oh, the heights from which we have fallen...)

If you've got a couple of minutes, I recommend it. Silly, harmless fun. Don't worry, you're not signing up for anything. It's just..it's....wow.

Okay, go do it now. I want to discuss this somewhat below, and don't want to spoil it for you.

I'll wait.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Okay, done?

Wow.

You have no idea how many people I almost had Rick Tocchet call today.

I want to know whose idea this was. I want to know who wrote the script. I really, really want to know if the players had to audition to be a part, or if they lost a bet or something. I also want to know since when season ticket holders get to play wing on Steven Stamkos' line. Cuz that's awesome.

And I want to know if we can do it here at the Players.

That's all.