Thursday, December 2, 2010

v2, d219: ...but it is not this day...

That boring day I said I was ready for is going to have to wait, I'm afraid.

I won't go into a ton of details right now (because it's late, I'm tired, and I still have a lot to do before I get to bed) but Kim is in the hospital for "at least the next 2-3 days" after three terbutaline shots didn't curb the latest round of early contractions.  Important to note: she is NOT in pre-term labor, but the contractions aren't stopping.  So they've got her on a magnesium IV and are giving her some steroid shots (for the baby's lungs, just in case she does go into early labor at some point in the near future).  It'll take two days of shots and another day of observation, and if all goes well she should be able to come home Monday morning. 

Meanwhile, I've got two shows tomorrow and two Saturday plus a bizarre "cutting" performance on Sunday.  So I'm going to take this one day at a time.  I think we've got tomorrow all figured out.  I'll worry about Saturday when it gets a little bit closer.

Please pray that Kim can come home on Monday.